Program Title: Productive Conflict
This program is designed to enhance conflict resolution skills by examining what conflict is and how conflict affects people. You will explore positive and negative conflict and decide how conflict can be dealt with in your work and personal life. The program will examine some basic communication strategies and will promote the development of negotiation and influencing skills.
This program will take a look at some of the more deeper psychological drivers of our behaviours in conflict. Why we use some of the dysfunctional behaviours we exhibit within the workplace. Examples include:
- Becoming overly dramatic
- Becoming hypercritical
- Revenge and looking to even the score
- Stonewalling and becoming non-receptive
- Withdrawing and clamming up
- Dismissing opinions
- Exaggerating the problem
Duration: Half-day, one-day and two-day workshops are available for this program.
Who: This program is designed to be customised to your workplace and this outline forms part of the key content. Other content may be added following the initial consultation to suit your needs.
- Flipping thinking on conflict – The positive and negative aspects of workplace conflict. The Conflict Continuum
- The human, social and workplace costs of conflict
- Healthy and unhealthy tendencies
- Destructive responses to conflict
- Productive behaviours
- Responding to conflict – engaging or restraining
- Your personal style and conflict
- Adapting to other styles in conflict
- Change action plan
The DiSC Productive Conflict Profile can be used as part of this program and provides a good narrative to style difference in managing conflict. See healthy and unhealthy tendencies based on a DiSC Profile below.
Access our resource library for copies of all our profiles and other team and leader tools